Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Catch Up

Since it's now mid July and I've totally missed out on posting about June, here's a quick summary (Now with Knitting!):

I went to the Nat's Stitch 'n Pitch with my brother, my friend Nancy and her friend Chris. It was lots of fun. The stadium is brand spanking new.
See how shiny? We certainly got our money's worth at that game. Washington beat Texas in 14 innings (I have to say the 14th Inning Stretch is way more interesting than the usual 7th Inning version. Imagine what a 21st Inning Stretch would be like!). Chris worked on a sweater, Nancy worked on a hat and I worked on the second butterfly sock:
This pair has since been finished and sent to it's new home.

At the end of the month, I reorganized my yarn and fiber stash. It took forever, but many countless ziploc bags and plastic storage bins later, it's done. My sock yarn is tucked away in 5 drawers, arranged by weight (fingering or sport/dk) and type (solid, self striping, commercial variegated, hand dyed). I know people say sock yarn isn't stash, but for something that's not really stash, it sure does take up a lot of space. Cottons, dk animal fibers and undyed skeins took one container each. Worsted/bulky took two big containers, as did spinning fibers. Phew! Let's see how long it stays organized... During the stash toss, I unearthed some Kureyon and made a quick skinny scarf.
Extra bonus points for a) using stash yarn and b) getting started on the holiday knits. Score!

1 comment:

Jinann said...

And the gorgeous socks are LOVING their new home. :-)

I can't wait till fall/winter so I can wear them! Thanks!