Thursday, October 12, 2006

In the Midst

I've been spinning some more. I'm trying to get a more even single. Not that uneven yarn looks bad to my eyes - I like the stuff I've made so far. It's just that I want to have a little more control while spinning, so it doesn't always feel like I'm fighting with either the wheel or the fiber or both!

Oh, oh, I finally finished a WIP! Behold the Amazingly Long Circular Sock Yarn Scarf, which has been part of my backpack knitting for who knows how long:
(Well, you would be beholding it right now except my brother swiped my camera when he came by last weekend. Take my word for it, the scarf is long and stripey looking.)
Size: 60" long
Yarn: Regia 4 fadig Brasil Color (2 balls)
Needles: 12" Addi Turbo circs in Size 3

Go ahead and laugh - that's about 900 yards of sock yarn! I started it after getting my hands on a copy of Not Just Socks. I clearly wasn't thinking, 'cuz that's a hell of a lot of knitting with thin yarn on small needles!

In other knitting news, I'm still plugging away at the Paton's Merino bag. I'm also at the tail end of the the Shibori scarf. I have to find some really tiny rubber bands to make the bumps before I felt it.

No comments: