Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Various and Sundry

After the frenzy of Christmas Center Square knitting, I'm convinced I can make stranded hats (and how!). So I've started the Bea Ellis Ufserud for the Stranded Knit-a-long:
It's so cool to watch the pattern emerging! This is Dale of Norway Heilo on a Boye Needlemaster size 2. The swatch was a bit big (no surprise there), so in all honesty, I should probably be knitting this on a size 1, but the Needlemaster set only goes down to 2, and I was just too lazy to find the right needle in my Bin-O-Addis.

I've also started a birthday present for Jersey Girl. Here's a wee fuzzy picture, in case she's looking:
The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere, which is really nice and totally lacking that irritating cottony crunch. However, the construction (about a dozen stands loosely plied together) makes for easy splitting, so I've got to be on my toes.

So much for new things. As for WIPs, I finished the back of the Robin Hood Jacket:
I've started the left front, which looks, not surprisingly, a lot like the back :) I'm still loving Rowan Cork, and still dreading the "no machine wash" issue. Yep, I'll keep right on digging myself into a hole, thank you very much.

Oh, and I've been spinning. I've spun about 6 oz (out of 8 oz) for my Spin-to-Knit pal. Lately, there have been lots of good TV watching evenings, which always make for good spinning evenings. So, is William Petersen leaving CSI for good? I wonder what Liev Schrieber's quirky interest will be. Philately, maybe? Ornithology? Paleolithic astrobiology? I totally didn't expect them to kill off "young idealistic raised-himself-up-by-his-own-boot-straps latino" lawyer on Shark. I thought they were gonna get rid of "young idealistic I-do-have-brains-even-though-my-family-connections-got-me-this-job" lawyer. Oh, and how many times can you ask Jack Bauer to sacrifice himself before he goes totally crazy and asks to be sent back to prison in China?

1 comment:

Jinann said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love the jacket so far...and I'm not a big cable person - it looks great! I haven't done too much stranded knitting, I really need to do more of it - I love the effect. Your spin-to-knit secret pal will be thrilled with the amount of yarn!