Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stitch & Pitch '09

I started a new sock in Jersey which I'm working through slowly back at home.
This is an easy lace pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, worked over 64 sts. The texture combined with the variegation result in a pretty busy-looking sock, but I can live with it. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Seduction in the colorway Fluorite. I also worked on the sock during the Nationals Stitch 'n Pitch.
The Nats lost, but it was still a fun evening. Exxon-Mobil gave me a hat:
Thank you, petroleum! The stitching section was in a nice shady area, but it's nice to have backup shade available as well.

The sock helped me fill out the All Star ballot.
Those pointy needle tips came in handy. They're still using paper ballots, hanging chads and all. I hope they won't need a recount, because that would take forever, and possibly even a Supreme Court decision, to settle definitively. Plus the always amusing Presidential Race had an exciting photo finish.
Good times at the ballpark.

Heart & Sole Update: Coats and Clarke did send me replacement yarn, as promised.
They sent quite a lot actually, enough for a couple of long pairs. I'd better get knitting.

No comments: