Monday, June 18, 2012

Stuck in the Middle

I wanted a spindle project for when I couldn't be tied to a wheel, so I turned to the lovely green Loop top and my new turkish spindle.
I do love the sparkle, the beautiful long color changes and the fact that it drafts so effortlessly. I'm not sold on the idea of a center pull preparation though. Since it's unspun, you can't really pull on it with much force without it breaking . After the first few breaks, I found myself gingerly tugging on it to pull out a bit at a time. But that got annoying pretty quickly, so I've been reaching in and pulling out whole wads at a time, untangling and then spinning just that section. It's a real pity I didn't just start from the outside end. It should get better through, as the middle part empties out.

No comments: