Monday, May 23, 2005

Star Wars!!!

Guess what all these people were waiting for?

No, not hot donuts time at the Krispy Kreme. Yup, that was the line at the Uptown theater for tonight's 6:30 showing of Revenge of the Sith. Actually, that's about the first third of the line (good thing we were early). The rest of the line went down the block and disappeared around the corner. And I thought it wouldn't be crowded, what with it being a week night. Plus all the truly Star Wars-obsessed would definately have seen it (probably 5 times) by now. Regardless of the crowds, the waiting and the ticket price (I'm more a half-price matinee kinda girl), it was totally worth it! I was ready to be disappointed after the somewhat lackluster first two episodes, but no need to worry: Episode III is very much on par with the original trilogy. Speaking of which, I have to dig that up from my dvd pile. Gonna check for plot holes... can you say "loser geek?"

No comments: