Monday, July 04, 2005

I have absolutely no excuse for not blogging over the holiday weekend, except that I am very easily distracted. So, what was I up to? Let's see....The really big distraction came in a twin-pack. My cousin and her twins came to visit. Among other activities, we played with the camera on our way to Walmart, with dizzying results:




Then there was the Smithsonian folklife festival. There were plenty of art and fiber-related exhibits - mostly weaving, which I could never make heads nor tails of:




There were other activities too, like a fantastic cooking demo by Patrick O'Connell, an informative how-to-get-out-of-your-parachute-if-you-land-in-a-tree demo from the the US Forest Service (Yay, Smokejumpers!), some very enthusiastic beekeepers from Virginia, and camels:



Since the festival was on the Blue Line anyway, I took the subway to Alexandria to visit Knit Happens. I got something for my SP5 spoilee, which, by my reasoning, meant I could also get something for myself :) hence some Koigu:



In other knitting news, I finished the One-skein Wonder! My gauge was all wrong unfortunately. It's being blocked, but I tried it on before washing it and I think it still fits ok. I also finished Latifa. Or at least mostly finished it. I still have to weave in all the little ends - yuck, my least favorite part. But the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can start something new. What a great motivator! Hmmm.....there's the new edition of Knitty to explore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't leave us hanging. Let's see that OSW woman!!

Looks like you might be ready for some more fiber?!?