Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Baby (and other) knits

Finally, I have some finished objects!


The first is a Knitpicks baby pullover made from some Tess's Designer Yarns Supersock and Baby I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool. I used about 3/4 of one skein for the smallest size, 0-3 months, which leaves me with one skein and a quarter to play with. Maybe I have enough for another pullover the next size up, too? I'm debating whether or not I like the button closure thingy over the left shoulder. It's functional and cute, but it also complicates the left sleeve attachment process.

The second is a Hearts scarf from Knitty.


This is made with the dark purple Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky from Iris, who spoiled me for SP6. I love this yarn! It's pretty and squishy and knits up fast! Thanks again, Iris!

As for stuff still on the needles, there's a bunny from Last Minute Knitted Gifts:


The poor thing is a bit farther along than this. I had gotten to the top of the head when I realized I had done the head decrease wrong. It looked like a conehead, so I had to undo a few rows.

I also got a copy of Vogue Caps & Hats Two over the long weekend, and wouldn't you know it, I found a project!


It's going to be a flapper-esque knitted cloche made from Koigu Kersti. I'm working on the center crown section now. I'm a little anxious about making a hat, because I have a large head, even when I wear my hair down, which is a fairly rare event. So, I've taken a few measurements:

Side crown (2 identical pieces, already knit ): 7 inches each
Center crown (about an inch worked so far): 9 inches
Total diameter (without the brim): 7 + 7 + 9 = 23 inches
My head (measured according to the book) = 23 inches

Will it actually fit once sewn together? I'll find out soon enough.

What's next? I picked these up at the Knit Happens sale two weekends ago:


I'm going to make the blanket as soon as I can scrounge together enough needle extensions (i.e. when the bunny is finished). This is going to be the warmest summer baby ever!

No comments: