Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mahalo!

Well lookie here what I got:
A taste of the tropics from Peacock! This ginormous prize package is from her Hawaiian themed blog contest. There's chocolate covered macadamia nuts and mangoes and peanuts to munch on and of course every conceivable turtle souvenir I could hope for. She truly outdid yourself with the turtle hunting! I'm totally smitten by the turtle magnetic bookmark (yes, I know I'm easily amused). The turquoise blue and green fabric in the background is an incredibly beautiful wrap with a batik print of seahorses and cute little fishies. What a fantastic package! Thank you so much, Peacock! I'm so happy being a turtle fan makes be easy to shop for :)

Jersey Boy's blue socks are done. They don't quite match, but they're still nice:
I'd call them "pretty" but then he might not want to wear them! I was a careless knitter and didn't take good notes of the pattern alterations I made for the first sock. I was also a lazy knitter who wouldn't lift a finger to redo the non-matchy part (i.e. the gusset). Oh well. They fit me fine as is so I'll bet they'll fit Jersey boy too.

I'm having some trouble deciding what to do for my Sockapalooza pal. She gave me a free hand, which of course means I'm completely paralyzed with indecision! I've already scrapped my first attempt:
This is the Seduction Sock pattern (Interweave Knits Spring 2007) in Blue Moon Seduction (Colorway: Fluorite). Unfortunately the combination of highly textured pattern and variegation made for a muddled looking fabric. I was a little bummed out because I really wanted to use this lovely yarn with this pattern. Argh. Back to the pattern books.

3 comments:

tarcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tarcher said...

Very cool gifts Mia. Love the blue socks and I love the other sock pattern, too. I am working on a little sweater for Jaxson for October. It's made with Vibe yarn from Berroco in the orange/black colorway. And I have the cutest little pumpking buttons for it. I am using the pattern Maeve from Berroco but sized it down to a size one since he'll 6 months and hope it's not too big. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're it!

Please check out my blog for more details :)

P.S. I love the blue socks! The color is gorgeous. And don't worry about the small differences between each sock. Isn't that what makes handmade gifts truly unique and special?