Monday, December 08, 2008

Hoya Knitsa

I went to the Georgetown/American game on Saturday, thanks to some free tickets from work. They were certainly much better seats than I could have gotten on my own (not that I'm much of a hoops person, but if I had been looking for tickets, I'd have probably ended up in the lower stratosphere).This is the 1x1 ribbing of a st st sock I started just for the occasion. Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I'm using more of the much disparaged Heart & Sole. I'm thinking it was temporary insanity that made me use it, or maybe it was just what I had lying around when I needed to start an easy sock.

I met the mascot (the human version - there's a real dog version too).
The student cheering sections were impressively well organized, and pretty full too, considering it's exam time.
Apparently, there's a dress code (gray shirts mandatory, wigs and face paint optional), synchronized polyphonic chanting, and arm movements, clapping and hopping. It was exhausting just watching them.

No comments: