Thursday, March 19, 2009

ProcrastiNation

I'm stalled near the end of the second Komet sock. I was having trouble remembering how I incorporated the lace into the toe for the first sock, then I dropped some stitches in transit and I had to rip back a few rows, and well... now the sock's in time out while I get my act together. But there is hope:
See, even the the sock thinks so. The Obama portrait was more interesting than I thought it would be. Shepard Fairey encouraged people to distribute it (and did they ever!), and it was those reproductions that I had in mind. But when you see it in person, there's a whole lot more depth to it, with layers of different textures from the different materials in the collage.

While on leave from Komet sock knitting, I'm making some fingerless mitts:
The pattern is Self-Striping Gauntlets from the Vogue Knitting on the Go cable book, modified for a thicker yarn (aran, instead of worsted). I'm working on the second mitt now, then back to the sock!

No comments: