Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crafty Goodness

Last weekend was all about craftiness. I was spoiled by my own Secret Pal spoilee, the lovely Judith, who very craftily turn the Secret Pal tables on me by sending this:What a lovely box of goodness! Judith even designed personalized notecards for me. Isn't the turtle adorable? And its colors match the rest of the package too :-) Thank you, Judith!

Last Saturday was the annual Crafty Bastards fair in Adams Morgan. As in past years, it was really crowded.
Traffic issues aside, it was, as promised, all sorts of awesome, all day long. Handmade plush monsters were all the rage. There were lots of booths selling them.

I thought the sleeping ones are extra cute, thought I didn't bring any monsters home with me. I did buy some fiber though.
The green roving is wool/silk and the orange batt is some sort of kitchen sink blend. Hmm, maybe I should go spin something...

1 comment:

Jinann said...

Drat! I missed it again! Looks like you found some fabulous stuff. (I probably would have brought home one of the monsters....)