Saturday, September 30, 2006

Wheel of WIPs!

I played with my new-to-me wheel this week, with interesting results. Here's some underspun 2-ply made from overspun singles:

My second attempt produced a chunky version:I'm still having trouble with overspinning. I need to work on the feeding motion, rather then letting all that extra twist build up on the yarn.

Alright, so I gave up on the whole WIPs only diet. It was sooooo boring!! It's one thing to be so enamored of a project you just can't put it down. It's something else entirely when you're not feeling the love. I felt like I was going to scream if I couldn't cast on for something new soon. I swear my stash was taunting, "Knit me! Knit me!" the whole time. So what's the damage? This new projects (along with my excuse):It's a felted bag with Paton's Classic Merino and Bernat Bling as a carry-along yarn. I can proudly say that this knit is going to be for charity. Doesn't that mean I'm morally obligated to cast on?
I'll also need to get started on a Shetland Chunky scarf for my cousin who is emigrating to Canada (the Philippines is empty now, eh?). Again, this is for a good cause, 'cuz it ain't easy moving from the tropics to the great white north.

No comments: