Saturday, December 30, 2006

Yarn, Interrupted

In preparation for the Spin-to-Knit yarn exchange, I returned to the wheel over the weekend, after a very long hiatus. Guess which holiday inspired this:
I had spun about half of the top before Halloween. The rest had to wait patiently for me to find time to finish it. This is 4 oz of superwash merino, dyed (bright bright bright) orange with koolaid and brown with icing dye. The final yardage is approximately 106 yards. Next up will be the roving for my swap pal. I had a bit of a rough start:
but after much swearing, I think I'm on track. I'd like to show the yarn in progress, but why spoil the surprise?

On the knitting front, I'm working on a Charlotte's Web shawl in Noro Iro (thank you Secret Pal!) Yes, it's lace for the lazy, but pretty none the less:
I'm also working on a Robin Hood Jacket for Jersey Baby:
The pattern is from Adorable Knits for Tots and it's knit in the recommended yarn, Rowan Cork. It's pretty nice stuff, though I don't know how Jersey Mama's going to react to the whole "hand-wash" issue. Oh well, I guess there's always dry cleaning :)

No comments: