Monday, January 26, 2009

Supersaturated

The blue ribbed socks are done. There were some leftovers, plus I have a whole other ball of this yarn. There may be more blue sockiness in my future.

I've resurrected a WIP sock from last year.
The pattern is pretty, but also a royal pain on magic loop (and I'd imagine it's the same on double points too, only more so since there are even more joins). I simply could not abide moving stitches across the join. To be honest, I'd have to say I don't like joins at all; having to move stitches over them just makes them even more offensive to my love of continuous knitting. You mean I have to stop know? ICK! What a pain! Since I've fallen in love with the awesome little 9" Hiya Hiya circular needles, I started thinking about returning to these socks. I love the color and feel of the yarn, and I think the subtle variegation looks very nice in this pattern. So I changed needles and so far so good.

Since I have no other WIPs languishing in closets all over the house, and really have nothing else to do (*snort*), I started another sock.
This pattern is Thuja in a cotton/acrylic/nylon blend called Saucon Sock. It was in the Seasocks '08 goodie bag. No surprise from the contents, its a bit dry on the hands. It knits up nicely enough though, but green always looks good to me!

There you have it, I'm drowning in socks. So what did I go and do? Buy sock yarn, of course. In my defense, this is no run of the mill ho hum fingering weight. I finally, after many, many tries, managed to get my hands on Wollmeise:
Even in bad lighting, it's lovely. No wonder this stuff flies off those virtual shelves. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to knit on three socks and gaze adoringly at my new yarn.

1 comment:

Jinann said...

Wow! You're a sock-knitting maniac! Love the patterned sock, but have to agree with you about passing stuff over joins. The blue socks look great! Oh...and the yarns look scrumptious!