Monday, July 10, 2006

Twisted

I went to a spindling class on Saturday. It was fun and I learned a lot. Plus I got to keep the spindle. Hooray for new hobbies!Notice how doggie's not loving the new toy. Probably because he saw what I'd made with it:
Yes, yarn only a mother could love. But it is knittable, and here's the proof:
It's a....ummm...it's a....let's just call it a swatch. My second attempt on Sunday was a little better:
14 yards of uneven spinning. I kinda suck at this spinning business. I'm stuck at the spin-park-draft stage because I can't work out how to draft properly under any circumstances, let alone draft evenly with the spindle spinning. Perhaps some more practice is in order. My next victim:
Some top from handpaintedyarns.com. This stuff won't know what hit it.

No comments: