Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fiber Content

I found a big stainless steel pot in the basement, which made me all dye crazy again. Here's Fisherman's Wool (love love love 40% off coupons for Joann's) with:
1. Wilton's cookie dye in yellow mixed with orange
2. Grape and blue lemonade Kool Aid and Wilton Icing Dye in Solid Black
The icing dye broke in the hot water (so much for being "solid"), separating into purplish brown and hunter green. Not what I expected, but pretty nonetheless. I dyed one other skein in a different color, but that one's going to my Secret Pal 8 spoilee, so it's all very hush-hush.

This has been my pet knitting for the past few weeks:
This will be another modified fulled lopi tote. No lopi here, though. The turquoise is Lamb's Pride Bulky (with Bernat Boa), the pink is Cascade 220 from my lovely SP8 (with Bernat Matrix), and the variagated is Noro Kureyon. Using different yarn weights together has been a challenge, and I've been changing row width as I go to try to compensate. I guess I'll have to wait until after the felting to see what I've done. Oooo, the suspense! With a knife you could cut it!

I've picked Icarus back up. I've fixed my little boo-boo and will soon be at the bind off. It looks like there are a million stitches on this needle! To the edge I go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty. Glad the cascade is being put to use, LOL. The dyeing is great! You are so creative!

Secret PAL