Monday, January 23, 2012

Cashew Crumbles

I tried a new recipe on Saturday. I took this recipe and swapped out cashews and cashew butter for the called-for peanuts and peanut butter. This makes for a big batch, baked in a 15x10 jelly roll pan. Splotchy appearance aside, it's really just a two layer bar.
The bottom later is a cocoa brownie with a bit of oats (I used old fashioned instead of quick cooking because that's what I had) and chopped cashews. The top layer is a cream cheese layer with cashew butter. Cashews have a pretty mild flavor compared to peanuts, so this layer has a mysterious rich texture with a vaguely nutty flavor. Some of the bottom layer mix is sprinkled on the top layer, but I'm sure you could skip that step and just have a thicker bottom layer instead.

I finished a sock.
It took forever because I was distracted by wee little baby hats. This is Miss Babs Windsor sock yarn in the colorway "A Day at Silent Cove." It sounds like a Nancy Drew mystery to me.

No comments: