Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Thank You Secret Pal!!!

My Secret Pal is so awesome! She sent me my very own copy of One Skein plus the Karajan recording of Beethoven's 9th. Ode to Joy indeed! I was humming that tune all the way to and from the Prairie Home Companion Show at Wolf Trap on Saturday (College Park to Vienna is about 30 miles each way, so that's a lot of Beethoven!). One Skein is a great book, with some creative and inspired uses for the odd balls in our lives. I went for a dive in the stash to try to find some projects (because you know I have absolutely nothing on the needles right now - NOT). So far I'm thinking maybe a little purse with Paton's merino and perhaps some knitted cupcakes for dessert. Thanks so much, Secret Pal!!!

The Frankenbag is all knit up:
I need to sew the handles on and then felt this puppy. I did a bit of vicarious shaping (no rules, remember?) so it came out pleasantly oval shaped. I like it, though I'm trying not to get too attached to the curviness - not sure if the shaping will survive felting.

I finally got around to seaming the second Last Minute Pullover. I finished knitting the pieces ages ago and then set them aside, thinking "Oh I've got plenty of time." My cousin's scheduled to give birth tomorrow, so good thing I finally got around to it. This morning was for knitting the collar and weaving in ends. Ta da!! Pardon the crappy phone picture. I'll post a better one later, hopefully a nice action shot with the new owner...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome! I am glad they are to your liking. I absolutely love the sweater. I am doing the collar to the side tie vest! I wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn to do the collar but after the sides and the back I still have one whole skein of the bamboo, LOL. It must have had more yards that it said. I worked my behind off this weekend. Got two outside walls of my house painted. Helped my dh replace two doors to a storage area that has needed to be done for 2 years, LOL. They look great! Pictures later. Went to see two movies when it got to hot to work outside. Saw Mission Impossible 3 and Xmen LOL. Can you tell who picked the moveies? It would't be my sci-fi dh would it? LOL.

Anonymous said...

Mia, Thank you so much for the birthday package. It made my day. And my kids would like to say THANK YOU!!! as well. Shared some of the candy with them and it was the highlight of their day.

Nic said...

There are so many wonderful projects in One Skein. Your SP picked a great book! I know you will enjoy it for years to come (not to mention it will be a go to book when you need to whip something quick out)