Monday, June 26, 2006

Interim Knitting

Since Icarus is on hiatus while I wait on my Knitpicks order, I've gotten all sorts of other knitting done. I started the sleeves for the striped pullover. How about that? I might make that end of the month deadline! Plus I finished knitting this Fulled Lopi Tote:

I altered the pattern by making it 50% wider and just knitting until I ran out of yarn. The purple part is Handpaintedyarn.com bulky merino in "velvet grapes." Yes, I ordered it because the name sounded yummy, but this colorway looks as good as it sounds, so that justifies my flightly shopping practices. The bottom part is a light worsted (I used two strands held together) wool/mohair blend I got from Sheep and Wool. The dyelot is called "Kim 05," which I guess means "Kim" dyed and spun this in "'05" :) I love Sheep and Wool vendors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great going. I love the bag. I have started the end scallops of the lace project so 30 odd rows of edging lace and I am done with this new lace experience. Not as bad as I thought, LOL. Have 2 inches left on the first sock (my second pair to knit) before the toe. This pair will be for DH because they are loose on me, LMBO. And they are his favorite color, green. Have to remember to pack my DD1's side tie vest to give her this weekend. We will be down in her area for our anniversary get away. Well back to the knitting, love your work, you are very talented.

Your secret pal.