Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shawl Suspense

As of the start of chart 4 row 4, I have barely 9 grams of yarn left. If my math is right, that's about 79 yards for 21 rows of chart 4 plus 4 rows of edging and the bind off row (which I've heard uses lots of yardage). Will it be enough? I've got my doubts. For now I'll keep going, with my fingers and toes crossed, but something tells me the edging may have to go.

How's this for random? I was on the Metro on the way home yesterday and the person I sat next to was knitting. We chatted a little about the sleeveless sweater she was working on and the purply mass of shawl I had in my lap. Then the lady across the aisle leans over and says "Is that the Icarus shawl?" She had worked on Icarus too! How cool is that?? She said she ran out of yarn and was trying to get more of the same dyelot from the store. Oh, this shawl is such a heartbreaker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will cross mine for you, too. Or hope you can get another hank of the same yarn. Hope you are having a great weekend. I finished the side tie vest and it's blocking at this point. Yahooo. Have 4 repeats and working on the 5th repeat of the lace scarf. Have only been working on the vest so I could get that done.

Nic said...

I'm crossing for you too! ;)

(and the beads are gorgeous!)