Monday, June 05, 2006

Sheep and Shakespeare

On Saturday, I went to the open house at the Textile Museum on my way home. They had some increadibly intricate Greek embroidery on exhibit, plus they had some tents set up with special activities for the weekend. I tried my hand at rughooking, which seems to me like embroidery with a crochet hook. And I saw shearing in progress (sorry, I got more shearer than sheep):
along with the end result:

Happy news: my cousin had her baby last week. Hooray! Mommy and son are doing well. I'll post a picture as soon as I get one. I finished sewing this up for the new arrival yesterday:
I knit it at the same time as the orange last minute pullover and took even longer to get around to finishing it. The pattern is called "Classic Cable" from Family Circle Easy Baby Knits. I'm not sure what possessed me to pick such a serious color. I guess the little guy can use it for his pre-school early admission interview :). Gotta get 'em in the rat race early.

On Sunday, I went with my brother to see Pericles at the Shakespeare Free-for-All. It was a really nice production plus the weather was great (it was almost chilly once the sun set - unheard of for June in Washington). The plot was just crazy. We're talking random pirate attack crazy. The set was great and I loved the way they hid props in drawers in the walls of the set. Since photography was forbidden, I'll leave you with this:
That's my brother, trying to look pensive as he waits for his pupusas and stuffed squash at Ercilia's. If you're ever near Adam's Morgan, you should stop by and try their food. It's really yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow how interesting to get to see the shearing. And you sound like my kind of friend. One that would go to Shakespeare plays with, DH sleeps through them all, LOL. Hope you are having a great Wednesday. I am off to directors meeting.