Saturday, June 24, 2006

Poppies Poppies

You know that part in the Wizard of Oz when the wicked witch puts everyone to sleep in the poppy field? Work has been like that lately: so slooooooooow - mind numbingly, sleep inducingly slooooooooow. No opiates necessary.

Knitting has been dull too. Many thanks to my Secret Pal and Polly for the encouragement over Icarus. I did order skein 3 and am eager for it to arrive. In the mean time, I started yet another Last Minute Stripes pullover. Here's most of the front and back:
This one is for my cousin in Kentucky, who is expecting her first baby in August. I'm making the 3-6 month size in the Simply Stripes color "Sweet Tarts." We're going to visit the Kentucky kin at the end of June, so I thought it might be prudent to get started on this project...you know, what with "the end of June" being this week. Did I say it's been slow?? I guess that only applies to working hours.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Glad I could "help" on ol' Icarus. I can't wait to see the final product.

You hauled through the pullover-- Have you ever tried the surprise baby sweater? It's really cool because basically it doesnt even look like a sweater until the near end. it has minimal finishing and is done in all garter st. Check it out some time (if you havent already) it's by Elizabeth Zimmerman